Manager of Culinary Standards- Flower Child - Positions in Phoenix & Texas
Fox Restaurant Concepts is a growing collection of original, thriving boutique restaurants. We like to think that we’re the biggest small company you’ll ever work for. It’s ever-evolving with fresh new restaurants (with 15 concepts and over 50 locations) that are leading the way for the future of dining. Our award-winning restaurants are staffed with enthusiastic, energetic, hardworking professionals with the sole goal of offering warm, genuine hospitality.
Above store-level support for Back of House operations. Provides guidance and training for the store-level chef teams including but not limited to: safety and sanitation, purchasing, vendor relations, new product roll-out, financial accountability, store level menu execution, and culinary standards. Leads and facilitates training solutions for chef and staff development, develops kitchen productivity standards and metrics to improve culinary operations performance. Ensures integrity of food recipes and that execution is upheld.
- Exemplifies superior guest service and promotes an atmosphere that supports the FRC mission. Creates a collaborative environment. Motivates and recognizes staff.
- Works with Corporate Chefs to write and review recipes and procedures for consistency and quality. Conduct product cost analysis.
- Sources new products including vendor contracts, tracking and monitoring programs.
- Conducts performance and yield analysis test for all new and current ingredients under review.
- Evaluates new kitchen equipment, periodically tests and reports on status of existing equipment to ensure proper sanitation and maintenance.
- Ensures a safe production environment, cleanliness and organization of storage areas. Audits proper sanitation procedures.
- Effectively works with Regional Managers, Executive Chefs, and General Managers to continue to develop culinary and systems knowledge.
- Puts into operation recipes and procedures to achieve the highest food quality standards under all types of volume production conditions.
- Maximizes profits through menu analysis, food cost management, labor and inventory control.
- Develops operational systems including roll-outs, clear written procedures and training.
- Leads new store openings. This includes start-up paperwork and systems, opening orders, and on-site training.
- Plans, coordinates and executes various culinary development and educational activities for culinary teams. Assists in the follow-up procedures for food quality control by working directly with teams.
- Provides management support as directed and is available for travel when needed.
- Stays up to date on current food safety requirements.
- Must have proven success as multi-unit leader or an Executive Chef in a high volume environment.
- Ability to do theoretical costing around food, purchasing, and labor.
- Must possess a strong financial acumen, command of the P&L and the ability to effectively interpret reporting.
- Comprehensive understanding of properly yielding and writing recipes.
- Strong working knowledge with Microsoft Office, Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Must possess strong interpersonal and motivational skills, the ability to effectively supervise and instill cooperation in staff, and the ability to work well under pressure.
- Extremely high standards and attention to detail, well organized and able to multi-task. High level of personal initiative, action and results oriented.
Compensation and Benefits Package
- 401(k) savings and retirement program (with company match)
- A yearly incentive opportunity
- Tuition reimbursement
- Medical and dental benefits
- Paid time off
- 50% Dining Discount
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Proof of eligibility to work in the United States is required