Director of Design and Development – True Food Kitchen
True Food Kitchen is one of 16 brands to come from Fox Restaurant Concepts founded in 1998 with one simple goal in mind- keep the guest happy at all costs and at all times. It’s a company that has been built by the amazing people who have embraced the culture and philosophy. We currently have 20 locations across multiple states and continue to expand at a rapid pace.
About the Role:
We are looking for a highly motivated, detail oriented, creative, and organized project manager to join our team. As a the Director of Design & Development you are responsible for all the phases of restaurant development from projects including conducting conceptual exploration, establishing direction and design schedules, budgets, programming and schematic design through construction.
What you will do:
- Serve as a cross-functional point of contact for store design and architecture standards
- Establishing, maintaining, and periodically reviewing and recommending changes to design standards, guidelines, and procedures
- Review processes and best practices and make recommendations for enhancements, improvements
- Facilitate flow of design communication and controls
- Contribute to design project/program strategies and target objectives with directors of store development based on project goals and requirements
- Responsible to develop, manage, and maintain all store level design development documents
- Establishes systems and processes to ensure consistent quality of deliverables
- Actively promote process improvement and best practices
- Oversee project start up and ongoing schedule maintenance
- Coordinate with Architectural, Interior Design, Food Service, and Engineering Consultants and provide direction as necessary.
- Interact with and support the construction, facilities, and operations teams.
- Source materials, lighting, and all facets of the project.
- Manage the materials library and stay current on all relevant products.
- Demonstrated ability and experience with knowledge of industry standard practices, materials, means, and methods
What we are looking for:
- S. in Project Management, Architecture or Interior Design or an equivalent in education and experience
- 8+ years of experience in a design and documentation capacity. Restaurant or hospitality industry is preferred.
- Must have experience in all phases of the project from schedules, budgets, programming and schematic design through construction documentation and administration.
- Experience working with AutoCAD, Sketch Up, Microsoft Office, and Photoshop
- Knowledge of project management software
- NCIDQ and LEED accreditation preferred but not required
- Knowledge of general restaurant related equipment and standard practices
- Strong understanding of industry standard building codes including ADAAG, IBC, NFPA, etc.
- Knowledge of sustainable building practices a plus
- Skilled in developing and maintaining specifications
- Working knowledge of lighting
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment
Compensation and Benefits Package:
- Savings and retirement program (with company match)
- Annual incentive opportunity
- Tuition reimbursement
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- Paid time off
- 50% Dining Discount
- We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States is required