Director of Restaurant Operations - Blanco Tacos + Tequila
Fox Restaurant Concepts is currently seeking a Director of Restaurant Operations to oversee our growing Blanco Tacos + Tequila concept. At Blanco we serve ultra-fresh modern Mexican cuisine and boast a large variety of rare tequila and other authentic beverages. We are place that’s full of life and we’re looking for the same warmth and vibrancy in our people. Currently, we have 3 Arizona locations with plans to expand into new markets in 2018. The Director will play a key role in providing leadership and direction to unit level General Managers and Executive Chefs. This is a highly visible role responsible for consistently delivering guest service excellence, operational effectiveness and strong revenue numbers.
- Provide visible leadership to management and employees while generating a restaurant atmosphere focused on hospitality where the expectations of the guests are exceeded routinely.
- Attain the financial objectives of the business through effective management of people, product, service and facility processes, including a focus on the revenue and profit components.
- Help develop policies and procedures to ensure the achievement of goals related to cash flow, revenue growth, and cost of goods sold, labor costs and other operating expenses on a daily basis.
- Manages to budget; follows-up daily on the operating numbers.
- Conduct P&L performance analysis and troubleshoots areas of interest while assisting in developing appropriate solutions to identified problems and opportunities.
- Ensure all management and employees are focused on exceeding guidelines related to:
- Food quality, and excellence
- Facility cleanliness and maintenance practices
- Service procedures
- Ensure that General Managers and Executive Chefs recruit, hire, train and retain high quality employees and management.
- Conduct performance evaluations on a timely basis; recommends promotions or corrective actions where appropriate. Ensure that General Managers are doing the same.
- Conducts all necessary inspections and audits; develops and implements plans of actions on a timely basis.
- Ensures that operational and training standards are consistently followed and executed by all managers.
- Responds to guest concerns, both written and verbal with the ability to creatively solve problems and develop robust solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree and equivalent work-related experience is required.
- Must have 5+ years of proven success in a high volume, multi-unit restaurant or hospitality environment.
- Strong ability to analyze data, diagnose issues and coach the operations team accordingly.
- Must possess excellent and proven people management skills, including resolving conflict, coaching and developing others, promoting teamwork, and performance management.
- Must have a successful track record in leading operations and meeting budgetary sales and profitability objectives.
- Must be willing to learn and adapt as necessary to accommodate changes in industry and company directions.
- Strong communicator with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must have flexibility to travel 30% of the time.
Compensation and Benefits Package
- Competitive pay plus bonus incentive
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Savings and retirement program (with company match)
- A yearly incentive opportunity
- Tuition reimbursement
- Medical and dental benefits
- Paid time off
- Dining Discount
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Proof of eligibility to work in the United States is required