Seeking a Systems Administrator
Fox Restaurant Concepts is a growing collection of original, thriving boutique restaurants. We like to think that we’re the biggest small company you’ll ever work for. It’s ever-evolving with fresh new restaurants (with 15 concepts and over 50 locations) that are leading the way for the future of dining. Our award-winning restaurants are staffed with enthusiastic, energetic, hardworking professionals with the sole goal of offering warm, genuine hospitality.
The Systems Administrator is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure.
AS the Systems Administrator you must possess excellent technical and communication skills. Analytical thinking is important as this position will involve problem resolution and process development. Strong customer-service attitude is a must! In addition you must be able to define, maintain, and implement basic network connectivity, deploy/maintain server and workstation computers, translate user requirements into functional technical specifications, provide outstanding user help desk support, and must have previous experience with various system applications and system architectures.
- Promptly respond to the technical support needs of all internal and external customers.
- Assist with the installation, maintenance, and usage of the local area network, infrastructure equipment, desktops and servers.
- Provide exceptional customer service with regard to help desk ticket resolution, phone and on-site assistance.
- Installing O/S, POS, application software, patches, and & upgrades
- Analyzing, troubleshooting, and resolving system hardware, software, and networking issues
- Configuring, optimizing, fine-tuning, and monitoring O/S software and servers
- Performing system backups and recovery
- Maintaining inventory of installed software, managing software licensing, & creating policy/procedure for upgrades
- Reviews PC/LAN/WAN performance and troubleshoots problems when necessary.
- Ensures that PC/LAN/WAN security procedures are implemented and enforced.
- Performs the installation of all networking and set up of PC/Server software/hardware.
- Responsible for evaluating and recommending standard hardware and software applications.
- Arranges training for employees in PC environments.
- Receives through the helpdesk system and logs calls for technical assistance. Seek to resolve open helpdesk tickets in a timely and effective manner.
- Provide backup support to POS application installation and support issues (POS training will be provided to this position as needed).
- Create knowledge articles for all issues not already documented to reduce troubleshooting and research time of future calls.
- Perform reasonable additional duties as requested.
- 3-5 years progressive responsibility in a similar advanced technology position
- Strong understanding of DHCP, DNS, Active Directory, GPO, data archiving/retention/backup, remote desktop services, and WSUS
- Fundamental knowledge of virtual computing environments (VMWare, etc….)
- General Windows desktop administration and user support/training background
- Cisco switch/router/firewall support
- General telephony administration including PBX, voicemail, unified messaging, cell and fax
- POS hardware/software experience a plus
- Ability to perform tasks while consistently bending, stooping, kneeling or standing while supporting additional weight of up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to effectively organize and multi-task to ensure work load is maintained.
- Practice teamwork and effective communication with supervisor and co-workers.
Compensation and Benefits Package
- 401(k) savings and retirement program (with company match)
- A yearly incentive opportunity
- Tuition reimbursement
- Medical and dental benefits
- Paid time off
- 50% Dining Discount
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Proof of eligibility to work in the United States is required