The Director of Operations will play a key role in providing leadership and direction to unit level General Managers and Executive Chefs. Responsibilities include all day-to-day operating activities, including staffing, revenue growth, expense, cost and margin control; service and delivery; monthly, quarterly and annual financial goal management. This is a highly visible role tasked with consistently delivering guest service excellence, operational effectiveness and strong revenue numbers.
- Provide visible leadership to management and employees while generating a restaurant atmosphere focused on great hospitality where the expectations of the guests are exceeded routinely.
- Attain the financial objectives of the business through effective management of people, product, service and facility processes, including a focus on the revenue and profit components.
- Help develop policies and procedures to ensure the achievement of goals related to cash flow, revenue growth, and cost of goods sold, labor costs and other operating expenses on a daily basis.
- Manages to budget; follows-up daily on the operating numbers.
- Conduct P&L performance analysis and troubleshoots areas of interest while assisting in developing appropriate solutions to identified problems and opportunities.
- Ensure all management and employees are focused on exceeding guidelines related to:
- Food quality, and excellence
- Facility cleanliness and maintenance practices
- Service procedures
- Ensure that General Managers and Executive Chefs recruit, hire, train and retain high quality employees and management.
- Conduct performance evaluations on a timely basis; recommends promotions or corrective actions where appropriate. Ensure that General Managers are doing the same.
- Conducts all necessary inspections and audits; develops and implements plans of actions on a timely basis.
- Ensures that operational and training standards are consistently followed and executed by all managers.
- Responds to guest concerns, both written and verbal with the ability to creatively solve problems and develop robust solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree and equivalent work-related experience is required.
- Must have 5+ years of proven success in a high volume, multi-unit restaurant/hospitality environment.
- Strong ability to analyze data, diagnose issues and coach the operations team accordingly.
- Must possess excellent and proven people management skills, including resolving conflict, coaching and developing others, promoting teamwork, and performance management.
- Must have a successful track record in leading operations and meeting budgetary sales and profitability objectives.
- Must be willing to learn and adapt as necessary to accommodate changes in industry and company directions.
- Strong communicator with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must have flexibility to travel 50% of the time.
Compensation and Benefits Package
- Competitive salary and a yearly incentive opportunity
- Retirement savings program (with company match)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Medical and dental benefits
- Paid time off
- Dining Discount
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Proof of eligibility to work in the United States is required