Director of Culinary
Fox Restaurant Concepts is a privately-owned company that began as a single restaurant in 1998. Today, we’ve launched over a dozen innovative concepts and have grown to over 45 locations that span across 6 states and counting. A career with us in the Big Kitchen – our home office – can be the start of a journey into a variety of business areas, or the continuation of a meaningful career. We believe to do great things, you have to love what you do. And we love what we do.
The Culinary Director will function as the food authority responsible for creating, managing and executing menu offerings. The position is a blend of menu development, presentation, and testing as well as operations including playing an active role in new restaurant openings and training. As a key member of a rapidly expanding restaurant group, the Culinary Director must be able to engage with all levels, inspire teams, and promote results.
- Direct culinary operations to meet budget and other financial goals, while protecting and building the FRC Brand.
- Drive new and current menu items that meet these important guest desires: fresh, flavorful, high quality, appropriate variety, and consistent execution restaurant to restaurant, all while delivering necessary margin contribution.
- Keep abreast of trending developments by exploring new/future menu items, cooking methods, procedures and equipment.
- Adjust/develop recipes to better utilize ingredients and improve operational execution, resulting in increased food quality excellence, reduction of waste and improved profitability.
- Write recipes that are operationally executable and deliver quality for the guest.
- Work with vendors in developing new products/concepts that are signature/proprietary to the brand and/or deliver a better margin.
- Develop preliminary recipe costs that meet the company's operating goals early in the development process.
- Optimize back of house operations including efficient kitchen design, improving equipment package and enhancing safety and sanitation practices.
- Develop kitchen leaders to open new markets and provide ongoing kitchen and culinary operations support across all markets.
- We are a food focused group so you must have a balanced ability to execute amazing food along with delivering on operational standards.
- A minimum of 8 years of proven success as a multi-unit leader or Corporate Chef in a high volume, scratch kitchen environment.
- A background including best-in-class restaurant experience along with a constant desire to stay on top of current food trends and deliver impeccable hospitality.
- Ability to do theoretical costing around food, purchasing, and labor.
- Must possess a strong financial acumen, command of the P&L and the ability to effectively interpret reporting.
- Comprehensive understanding of properly yielding and writing recipes.
- Must possess strong interpersonal and motivational skills, the ability to effectively supervise and inspire staff, and the ability to work well under pressure.
- Extremely high standards and attention to detail, well organized and able to multi-task. High level of personal initiative, action and results oriented.
Compensation and Benefits Package
- Competitive salary and a yearly incentive opportunity
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Retirement savings program (with company match)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid time off
- Dining Discount
Who Is Sam Fox?
Sam Fox – a “serial restaurateur” – is the creative visionary behind Fox Restaurant Concepts, one of the most successful restaurant groups in the United States. An eleven-time James Beard Award semifinalist for Restaurateur of the Year, Sam is a New York Times best-selling cookbook author and has been named one of the 50 most influential people in the restaurant industry by Nation’s Restaurant News for the fifth consecutive year. An important part of the Fox culture that Sam insists on is giving back to the community through the company’s charitable arm: Feed the Soul. Through the years, Feed the Soul has supported numerous non-profits, including the Boys & Girls Clubs, the American Heart Association and No Kid Hungry.